Sunday, December 2, 2012

essay 4


I choose korean war. This war was fought by North korea and south korea.
After the second world war 1945 and korea was released by Japan, North korea and south korea was divided by the 38th parallel. Actually it was divided by south democracy and people's republic of north korea in 1948.
 
I will introduce a young man who was a student in south korea. Ordinary he was not appropriate to be an army. But it was a emergency, so he had to be and army. He is still alive, so he will tell us about his experience of the war.
 
Hi, my name is Kim. Today I will tell the truth about korean war. In my memory, that time was happen when we just released by japan. We were divided by the 38th parallel. I think the reason was people who had democratic ideas and communist idea formed a dispute, and the dispute had formed north korea and south korea.
 
When I was 16years old, the Soviet Union required to U.S to pullout the army from south. So 1948 U.S and Soviet Union both pullout the army from south and north. At 1949, I over heard peoples who are talking about north leader Kim il sung had visit to Soviet Union and planning for attacking us. Anyone had no response by it. Because it was not once or twice of fighting with north at the 38th parallel.
 
Day by day, peoples were peace. But one day, the war had start. North had ambush the 38th parallel. Because of that south was in emergency. I remember, it was 1950 June 25. At that day, I was be taken to be an army. I was scared so I'd just to go out of the train and say I'm a student, but it was no used.
 
Oh...the war was horrible. North had push us to soul by 4days. I didn't know north was strong. Ultimately, north had taken soul. Our first president Lee, he was nervous so he requested to U.S for supporting us. It was good news that U.S will supporting us.
 
1950, July 17 U.S had come. Our troops been in high spirits. But nothing change south and U.S had been push to Nak-river. I'd really think that we had been fail.
At september 5, the UN secretary general and our superior were talking seriously. The UN secretary general was Douglas MacArthur. If he was not in our side, it was not able to turn the tide of the war against north. At september 15 dawn, our military operation had start. Our amphibious assault launched in Incheon. This was MacArthur's masterstroke, we call this 'Operation Chromite'. Of this operation I had a little injury but it was okay, because we had success this operation.
 
 
 
Success for 'Operation Chromite' the situation had turn. We start to press north.
We could recapture Soul. Pushing them it was able to capture Pyongyang. While the situation was good Our president lee and U.S decided to advance the north.
 
At october25, north had requested to china. When we decided to advance the north china had came by more than 180,000 military. They had start to attack us.
We against them but it was shortage, we couldn't block them. We had occupied seoul by north and china. But we had get back seoul at March by our new type of weapon.
 
However, after getting back seoul, we come back when the war was started.
North and South U.S or china and Soviet Union had a big damage. So Soviet Union had suggest to negotiate a ceasefire. Eventually, 1953 July 27, we reach a cease-fire agreement.
 
The war had been end by a cease-fire. But the result was miserable, so many peoples had been killed and territory had been destroy. Because of this war there were so many families been separated. Futhermore, South and north relationship had been hostility.
 
Thinking back, the war gave us no benefit. Unfortunately, the war is not end. it just a cease-fire. I really wish this war will be end. Sometime we will be unification of North and South. I'm still alive and our family is happy. Thank u.
 
 
 
 
Bibliography
 
Britannica. Korean War Veterans Memorial (monument, Washington, District of Columbia, United States)
 
Britannica.Douglas MacArthur (United States general)
 
Doopedia.일리노이 한국전쟁 기념비 [Illinois Korean War Memorial]
 
Britannica.Kim Il-Sung (president of North Korea)
 
 
Britannica.Revolution, division, and partisan warfare, 1945-50 from the article Korean War (1950-53)
 
Britannica.Chinese intervention from the article Korea (historical nation, Asia)
 


Britannica.38th parallel (geopolitics)
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Daniel I enjoyed your essay!:^) Thank you for sharing about Korean War. I feel sorry and I am sad that I didn't know about this even though I am Korean. Maybe there will be a day for us, South and North get along and be one country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're right. War gives people just pain. Also it is a tragedy that our country is divided into two. I'm worrying but on the other hand, I'm also looking forward for unification of North and South.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I didn't thought that any of us choose this topic. Would be great if it gets more smoothed, but it's still interesting.
    (Britannica is great, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britannica!!Nice topic! I like your common topic with us! I like your essay!

    ReplyDelete