Saturday, December 8, 2012

Linda Kim: Essay5


Looking back 2012

Linda Kim 김신아
     Every year, I grow up and I have gone through 17 years. And this year, 2012, the 17th year of my life is the first year of high school. I learned a lot of things and I grew up a lot. It is now December, the last month of this year. So, turning back 2012, I would like to write about how I changed in 2012, the best moments of this year, and my hopes for next year.

     First, I changed a lot. Starting this year, doing the school vacation homework, I had to read many books like "Why is the half of the world starving?", "An apple of miracle". And these books made me to think of the farther things. And I haven't read the Bible a lot before, but by reading Bible everyday in school and learning from teachers, I could learn more and grow more. And I wasn't really interested in the global problems, but I could learn about it and help people at the opposite side of the world more by learning them by books and the world-citizen-school camp. This camp is one of my best moments, too.

     Second, the best moments were when we went to the Jeju island to walk together, when I read the book, "Doctors without borders", and as I mentioned, when I went to the world-citizen-school camp at the summer vacation. While walking Jeju island, I could feel the beauty of the nature and the love of God. And while reading the book "Doctors without borders", I could find my dream. And in the world-citizen-school camp, I could learn more about the global problems and I could meet a lot of nice friends, sisters, and brothers who share similar set of values. I could even get closer to my dream by this camp. And these best moments helped me to grow a lot.

     Finally, I am looking forward the next year, 2013. Actually, my interests were diffused in 2012 but I will focus my interest in 2013. Starting 2013 by going to the vision trip to the Philippines, I hope my external and inner side can grow more at the same time. And since I grow a year older, I hope I can be more mature. I hope 2013 will be the year I get closer to my dream.

     As I grow old, I feel like one year is really fast. But in this fast going years, there were really many events. And I grew up a lot. I hope every single year to be piled up well and comprise me. Turning back 2012, I could thank of all the chances and events that were given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment