Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lianne's Essay 4 : From 911 to Barak Obama's election

  My name is Steven Kang a CEO of my own small company. About 11 years ago, I was a vice president of WTC the World Trade Center. I have a extraordinary experience to share with you. From this experience, I became to feel God and again felt that God is always there to protect me. I believe you will also feel HIM again from my experience and rely on Him more than before. From now my story starts.

  The story starts on September 11, 2001. Yes, it happens on the famous September 11. The weather was great but I was in hurry to WTC because I was late for the meeting on 9 a.m. I took the taxi busily and pushed the driver to get fast to the center. It was rush hour and traffic jam was heavy. Finally I got to the center.

   I paid the driver and got off the taxi. Suddenly, a great crash was heard above me. An airplane was stuck in the building crashing and spliting into all parts. The WTC was collapsing. The pieces of glass were falling and gray smokes were floating. All the people were running away from the building screaming.

   I had no idea what was happening. In a minute I hurried and took the taxi again that was going to leave. Again, I hurried the driver to leave this place quickly get to my home. I turned on the TV and there was the scene that I've just seen 30 minutes ago. I had to know why this was happening and I searched through the internet and kept my eyes on TV. Through the research, in my mind there was a thinking of a new president who can handle this in the best way. (Now the narrator changes to Michelle Obama the first lady)

  "Yes, we can!". There's my husband having a speech in front of the big citizens. In a loud applause from the USA citizens and no one's eyes are off from him. From this moment, my husband is the president of USA. Since I know his sufferings and values of life, I firmly believe that he will be the best president ever. I expect that he will help people from the bottom of this land and will try yo make the USA for everyone regardless of ethnic. On January 20, 2009 Barak Hussein Obama Ⅱ becomes the 44th president of the USA.

  It was the law office "Sidney & Austin" where I first met him. After spending a year at the law school, on summer vacation he worked as a  vice lawyer for a moment. I was chosen to be the partner to help him to adapt here and get used to. Even though I was three years younger than him but, I was able to work as a lawyer earlier than him because I entered here right after I graduated the university. This was the start of our relationship. 

   He always asked me out but I rejected it because we were in business. However, he kept asking me out and we had our first date. I remember that day, his car was so old that the doors were rusted. He was a man who helped others before him. After Obama's graduation we married in Chicago on November 18, 1992. Having a marriage with him was such a pleasure. Sometimes we had hard times but we went through it wisely. Also, we had two girls and named them Malia and Sasha.

   To get to this position, Obama had a lot of hardships. I was with him every steps he made. As the wife of him, I can say with confidence that he is appropriate for the president of USA. He lives his life with the perfect value that's fitted in being president.  From his youngster he tried to figure out what he could do to make better world. He always chose radical way to help the very poor. From his life experience, he knew what the few wanted. black, white. Asian, gay, disabled and so on. He was the few.

  A boy born between black Dad from Kenya and white Mom from Hawaii was enough to get attention from people. Since in Kenya it was legal to have many wives, he had many step brothers and sisters. Among them, only Obama got the same name as his Dad. So actually his real name is Barack Obama Jr. From his name, we can know that he was especially special. 
 
  Whenever he talked about his Dad, his eyes were sparkling with respect. He told me that he was the role model of his life. Obama really liked his Dad even though it wasn't long spending time with him. Dad was a big meaning to him. He always wanted to be like him. He said that his dad was a brave person and if he has a contention, he would show out his thoughts about it with no fear. He wanted better society for everyone and wanted make the justice.

  Is it Dad's influence? Obama wanted to help people who's struggling and yelling for help. Before being a president, as a local community worker, he changed a village's atmosphere. Before his work, the village was full of drugs, guns, and more things that has negative effects. It wasn't a good place to live. After his work, the village has changed into a place where people could live feeling safe. Like this, he did many works helping the people who really needs help.

Well for sure there was also some risks he had to go through. However, he went through it with brave and confidence. He took from small steps to big steps to help more people and make better society. A society for everyone. Regardless of skin or religion where everyone could live feeling safe. Now the USA will stand up and the citizens will have  chance that they didn't have before.


From: A book "Obama Story"



No comments:

Post a Comment