Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Alice essay #2

   My favorite is steamed bun with red bean paste filling.It is 찐빵  in korean.
Don't you guys like 찐빵 ?? especially in winter when everywhere is covered with white snow?? Many people usually enjoy 찐빵 only in winter.For me, I eat regardless of season.
I have a lot of story in 찐빵. 찐빵 is not just food but a  memory  to me.well~~ Are you ready to hear it~???

   First,It  gave me a peace of mind.After I came back from north carolina, I couldn't get u se to life as a middle school student in korea. I was so used to swim , play tennis and  lay in the grass watching star at the end of day after school is done. I lost confidence as my grade showed.Sometime, I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop crying, the stress from grade and relationship with new friends squash me to the bottom.one day, my mom bought me a 찐빵 in winter.she gave me to eat  instead of snacks after academy.After I have a taste , I ate everytime when I feel like nothing.crying in playground play on the swings eating 찐빵 is the memory I can't forget.I could start everything again.


   Second,It was a warmth of others letting me know there are many people who pray and care for me.I thought I'm alone and the problem that I have is insoluble.My behavior got wild and spoiled.I thought lot of neighbors talk back about me.Then, one day mom's friend who is very close to me bought a box of 찐빵 filed with many kinds.She told me 'I know how much you are stressed but remember God is with you and lot of people pray and love you'.I got touched by her word. I say I could grow up well because of she remind me that I'm loved.Her present 찐빵 mean more than just 찐빵.


   Last, It taught I could give help and energy to others with  very small thing. In our apartment ,there was dustman who clean the street in our apartment.He was very old,but he always smiled and say hello to me.I wanted to thank him and give strength to him.
I bought a one box of warm 찐빵 to him. At that time my allowance was 4dollars which was just the price of one box of 찐빵. I ran to the 찐빵  store and gave it to him saying thank you for cleaning so hard with pleasure~.At first, he refused cause he was kind of sorry to receive a box of 찐빵 from me but he received it at last.I learned  how small thing and attention can be a pleasure to others for the first time.


  To summarize, 찐빵 is a food that have taught me a lot of thing and gave me lot of memory. I'm not shy or shameful for my favorite is food .I'm so happy that my favorite is 찐빵. I could go back to the hard time and look backward my past everytime I eat 찐빵.
oh!!! I got really fat at that time~!! cause I normally ate 6찐빵 a day~ hahaha. Nowdays, I don;t eat that much but in winter.I eat flashing back to the time.I love 찐빵


10 comments:

  1. Alice,
    Your story is very sweet and touching, and I can understand why this is your favorite food.
    A few things about grammar? It would be easier for the readers if you kept your paragraphs consistent. It was a little hard to follow the way you structured your paragraphs. Also, I think you meant "insolvable" instead of "insoluble."
    I have two questions. First, can you tell us some of the origin of the Jin-bang? Like, how was the first one cooked? I think that would be interesting to know!
    Secondly, in what sort of ways did your behavior get "wild and spoiled"?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, I was shocked when I saw you eating 찐빵, but now I understand why it is your favorite food and why you like eating. It is sweet how you gave the man help and energy with 찐빵 just like you got from others. Your story is very touching.
    Did you know 찐빵 when you were in North Carolina? Will your bakery (after 10 years) sell 찐빵 ? Where do you think sells the most delicious 찐빵? tell us so we can try too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to hear your life story that's connected with 찐빵. It was really interesting. It's sorry to say despite of your essay's good topic,I wasn't able to read your essay smoothly. I think this essay would be very good if you revise your essay for several times. What kind of virtue do you think that the person who is like a 찐빵 need?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondered that you have so many background stories behind steamed bun. Your story was really touching.
    As Ms. Lauren mentioned on her comment, I agree with her that your essay would be much smoother if you keep your paragraphs consistent.
    And whatever, thank you for sharing your stories with us. And my question is: Which filling you like the most, just red bean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story is very touching. I agree with you about eating 찐빵 in winter. But I am curious that what does the sentence 'I ate 찐빵 everytime when I feel like nothing' means.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like 찐빵 also! I like to eat in the winter, I like vegetable 찐빵I think you like to eat lol. You have many episode on 찐빵, it is so curious. 6 찐빵 in one day!!!! You very very like 찐빵. I like your episode and relation(?) with 찐빵 is so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice! I am really touched by your 찐빵 story. I am surprised that you have a wonderful memory with your favorite food. And it is really nice of you to give your favorite 찐빵 to that man. As some said, I think your essay would have been better if you checked grammar. Still I really enjoyed reading your essay:-)
    And do you have any other food that have a memory like 찐빵?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about your past 찐빵 story and just thought of it as your only favorite food you liked. Anyway, I also lived in North Carolina!!! What kind of flavor of 찐빵 do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like 찐빵 also!! when it is really cold in winter, I eat 찐빵 in Familly Mart. It's really fantastic!!
    찐빵 has many stories in your life.
    Do you like pizza 찐빵 or red bean 찐빵??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the word 찐빵 is really cute!
    It really looks like you have a lot of memories in 찐빵 and is a special food for you. I like the meanings that 찐빵 has in your life. I think I will think about you when I eat 찐빵. I know that your mom is good at baking. Have your mom ever made you a 찐빵? I'm curious about it.

    ReplyDelete