Saturday, September 22, 2012

Linda Kim: Essay 2

My Favorite book "달팽이 안에 달(The moon in the snail)" 

           After I said I am going to write about my favorite "book", I started to think to find out what is my favorite book. At first, I thought my favorite book is "너의 눈에서 희망을 본다(I see a hope in your eyes)“. But I have so many books in same category with it, so I couldn't pick just one book. And actually I can say all books are my favorite because they all have influenced me a lot. So looking at my bookshelves, wondering what my favorite book is, I remembered the book "달팽이 안에 달(The moon in the snail)" which I read again and again. It is a book I found in the library in winter. I was having questions if I am going the right way. And I just went to the library because I thought I could find some answers in books. I actually didn't find the exact answer for my questions, but I got a lot of consolation of this book.
           The book "달팽이 안에 달(The moon in the snail)" is written and drawn by one woman writer. It has some short writings and drawings together. What first came in to my heart is this. "From the needle of a compass". It says that the needle of a compass always shakes before it points the exact direction, and it's same in a life. So we don't have to be worried by some shakes in our lives. Because someday the needle of our life will also point the exact direction. It touched me a lot because I was just so afraid of my ambiguous direction. I got a comfort and I could come out of the fear.
           Second phrase that touched my heart is "A very simple key". It says that when we pronounce "사람(people)", our mouth closes. And when we pronounce "사랑(love)", our mouth opens. So “사람(people)” can open each other's heart by "사랑(love)". By reading this short phrase, I could think of the power of the love. And I got a dream to share this wonderful and powerful love to others.
           Third phrase that touched me is "The present". It says like this.
  “If someone got a gift, who needs to open a gift?"
  "The one who got the gift."
  "Yes. The one who got the gift. A talent is one of the gift you got. So taking out  the talent from oneself is always a portion for oneself."
  This phrase made me to be more active on finding my talent and dream. And I was able to try more in various things with courage.
           I am well influenced by books. I found my dreams in books, and I learned how to live in books. I find and learn many things in books and I change a lot by books. And this book, "달팽이 안에 달(The moon in the snail)" have influenced me a lot and made me to look at the world in different point of view. It made me to be more brave and to challenge more things. So this is my favorite book which always give me consolation and courage.

7 comments:

  1. wow I like your essay a lot. I wish books influence my life too. I just read it and finish it without anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your essay. I hope the story of needle of a compass is true. Can you recommend books like this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinah I am happy to read your essay. What point of view did you have before reading this book and how did it change? Also What is your second favorite book ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow long essay. I also like 사람 can open other person's heart by 사랑. It is so sweet. Is that book is an essay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda telling us about her favorite book "The moon in the snail" in her essay. She got answer from this book to the question of whether she is going the right way and this is the reason why she like this book mostly. She learned three things from this book. First, she knew we don't have to be afraid although we feel some shakes in our lives and she got this lesson by phrase that 'needle of a compass'. And next one is about pronounce between "사람(people)" and "사랑(love)". "사람(people)" can make our mouth(heart) open by "사랑(love)". She also got dream to share love to other by reading this short phrase. Last one is "The present.' and it touched her. " A talent is one of the gift you got. So taking out the talent from oneself is always a portion for oneself." This is a part of that phrase and it make her to be more active on finding her talent and dream. I think it is great that getting lot of lesson from book like her and i want to find my own book that will change my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your essay was really impressive and touching. Especially, the sentence "Taking out the talent from oneself is always a portion for oneself" really touched me. I think your book is one of the best examples of literature that change one's life.
    And after reading your essay, I saw the preview of the book "The moon in the snail" (from http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/product/detailViewKor.laf?ejkGb=KOR&mallGb=KOR&barcode=9788925545615 )
    And I'm curious if it's a collection of poems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In what ways were you wondering if you were going the right way? Did the book help you to go the right way? How?
    Who is the author and why do you think she wrote this? Do you have any information on the background of this book?

    ReplyDelete