Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sieun's essay#2


    My favorite book "네가 태어난 날에는 곰도 춤을 추었지"
    
            I have lots of books I enjoy reading but my favorite book I like the most is a book named "네가 태어난 날에는 곰도 춤을 추었지" (Bear danced on the day you were born). 
           This book is a picture book with wonderful pictures and has a sweet story. It is a story book for little kids telling them how special they are and how much we love them. It is a very sweet book and lots of parents buy this book for their child. 
            This book is very meaningful to me since I got this for my birthday present when I was younger. My grandfather gave this book to me and it was the last birthday I spent with him. It is so special because it is the only thing I can remind of him and remember him. He was sick when he gave this book to me. It's a sad memory but a very special memory for me. I read it very often to think of him. This book makes me miss him alot because he was the most person who loved me. I always feel like this book is telling me what he wants to say to me. Whenever I feel alone, I read this book and it makes me happy by the story and also becuase it reminds me of my grandfather.
             I have always thought that picture books are only for kids before I met this book. I read this book even though I'm in high school and by reading this book it made me get interested in other picture books as well. I think picture books are very pure and I think they put lots of hopes for people. This book, "네가 태어난 날에는 곰도 춤을 추었지"is my favorite picture book and I'm planning on reading more picture books.
             I want to keep this book until I grow up and read it to my children and I hope that they would read it to their children. I would like to tell them how special they are and also how special this book is to me. I thank my grandfather for this book and I miss him alot.

9 comments:

  1. You make me to read this book~!
    I am so happy that you have something that makes you feel better and remeber your grandparent.
    As we live our life ,I think many student and people forget how much they are special.
    can I still buy this book in 교보?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your essay. I envy you that you have a special book that motivates you. How old were you when you got the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You have a very special memory. Grandfather will proud of you. I like to read my little cousins' picture books. It makes me comfortable.
    By the way, what is the story about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your essay. Your children will like that book too. Story with your book is so sweet. I have a question. Do you like other picture books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, thank you for sharing your meaningful memory with us. You are blessed to have such a book with your own special memory.
    Just one thing about grammar, I don't think "he was the most person who loved me" make sense. I think it should be replaced to "he was the one who loved me the most."
    Anyway, I'm happy to hear about your story. It's really touching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should bring the book and show it to class tomorrow!
    should be "puts lots of hope for people."
    what pictures in the book touched you the most and why?
    what other picture books would you recommend?
    what is the story, plot, and characters of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sieun!! :-) It's so sweet! It is really nice how you still read that book and remind your grandfather. I think your kids will like it too!!
    Which scene is your favorite??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was touched by your story related to this book!
    I hope your grandfather rests in peace. However, you should space between 'a' and 'lot' (alot-> a lot).
    I have a question. How much were you and your grandfather familiar? Do you lived together in house? Can you share a good memory you've made with him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your essay is remarkable. I guess this book has a lot of meaning to you.
    I agree with you, picture books are sometimes contain more meaningful things.
    I wonder what is the story of this book about?

    ReplyDelete