Saturday, September 8, 2012

Linda Kim: Essay 1

"Where/ Who/ What I will be in ten years."

           I will write about where/who/what I will be in ten years from a different stand point, supposing I am Linda in 2022. I'm at the hospital going through the internship. I am having hard time working as an intern while sleeping much less than 10 years ago. But I can go through this because it is so fluttering to think 6 years later when I will be in the MSF (Medecins Sans Frontieres, doctors without borders) helping people who needs me. Also, I think this hard time is just a training to do well at dangerous region where I could be working. In this hospital, everything is going very fast and there's a lot to do. But still, I can attend a Sunday worship in the hospital which is so thankful.
           I am 27 years old woman always enjoying my life. Sometimes, things seem to be so hard and obscure, but I can overcome and even enjoy it because God is always with me and he is leading me. I am a person who always share God's love. I really thank God for not making me to have distance with him. I still want to be closer and closer to him. Also, even though the MSF seems to be hard, I didn't lose the courage I had ten years ago when I was a young high school student. I am living with my healthy grandmother, mother, and father. Next to our house, my maternal uncle, maternal aunt and my cousin Jung Hoon will be living. My sister has married with someone who really loves her and God. I really love her cute baby who is my niece(or nephew).
           I am my revered parents' daughter, my lovely sister's sister, and one baby's aunt. I am my wonderful grandmothers' and grandfathers' grand daughter, uncles' and aunts' niece, cousins' cousin. And I am a kind and caring intern to the patients and a lovely praying friend to a community. And the most thing what I like about what I am is that I am the tool of the glory of God. I am really happy to become where, who, and what I wished to be when I was a high school student in Saemmul just ten years ago.

11 comments:

  1. Sinah!! I am sure that you will be a doctor who works for God. You are always happy and positive and I think it's a gift God gave you. I hope you can deliver your happiness by helping people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I like your essay. It's like a diary that you wrote in future. Last paragraph is very 'Sinahtic'. The word Sinahtic means 'It is like Sinah'. Oh, I made a word. lol. I think you are already revered daughter, lovely sister's sister, and wonderful granddaughter.
    I can imagine you being a doctor. Congratulation.
    Ah, I have a question. Why do you want to go to the dangerous region?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow bravo dae bak. You are really a person of God. Can you live your life like this? I do not think that it is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your essay. I think there is many Saem-Mul students who want to be a doctor. I hope you become the best doctor on your department. Your vision touch me. I can't find errors. What condition that satisfy to go to MSF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God must help you to be a good doctor who is held in honor!

      Delete
  5. I was very wondered that you wrote your essay from a different standpoint, supposing that you are writing this essay after ten years. And I love your dream, to be a doctor of MSF.
    The last paragraph was not comfortable for me to read (Haha, yes, it's sinahtic). Placing semicolons(';') in a list helps the readers a lot when there's too many things to list.
    Anyway, I really hope you to be a great doctor who serves other with all your heart. And this is my question: How, when, where did you received that vision?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was touched by your essay. I also read that book which has written about MSF, i was also impressed by that. But i think doctor is not matching with me. So intead of being doctor, i will cheer you up. Be a doctor and help people who really need you.
    And i have a question!!
    Will you go volunteer program when you are working in hospital, even you are very busy and tired????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda (Sinah),

    Wow, wow, your essay is so wonderful. I love your choice of writing from the viewpoint of yourself in ten years. I was actually hoping someone would do that! You have such a devoted, caring heart and before I even read this essay I could see it in your attitude in class and in your work. This just confirms what I thought about you even more.
    I would like to know more about the MSF. I've never heard it before. Will you share about it in class?
    I especially enjoy your last statement that you like more that you are a "tool of the glory of God." What a beautiful way to share our hope of God's Kingdom through healing others.
    Thank you Linda!

    Love,
    Miss Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very impressed about you planning about what you are going to be 10 years after. I think you will achieve. What do you want to be after finishing internship??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your essay from the point of view after 10 years! It's really interesting! I always knew that you wanted to be a doctor and it's really nice to read by your essay! I am really curious! What kind of doctor do you want to be? and do you have anything specific thing you want to do when you become a doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I like the style of your writing. It is so fresh. I'm impressed that you are going to live with most of your families. Where did you get the idea of entering the doctors without borders?

    ReplyDelete