Tuesday, September 25, 2012

William's essay 2

     Have you guys ever seen american drama? There are lots of great america drama, but I want to talk about my favorite drama named " 24 ". 8 seasons are broadcasted from 2001 through 2010. 8 seasons were broadcasted at FOX channel. The drama was really popular at the time, but it ended with season 8.  I have got few shocks and I changed some views of values. I will intoduce about the drama and talk about my feelings and what I've got from the drama below.
     The genre of 24 is action and thriller. The type of describing the event in the drama is very unique. The whole event occurs in a full day(24 hours). So the title of the drama is 24. And there are 24 episodes for every seasons. Each episode shows what happened in one hour. The main character is Jack Bauer. He works for the CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit). This place is where tries to find out when and where the terror will occur and protect Ameica from the terrors. There are few situations when it is very urgent and deperate to torture the terrorists and find out where terror will occur. But in America, tourturing is illegal and if they need to torture the criminals, they need to get permissions from the court and report to superior office. This process takes too long to stop the terror, so Jack Bauer just tortures terrorists and save America from the terror. But after few situations like that happened , Jack Bauer was accused by the government because he broke the rules and it was a controversy between all over the world. But he overcome the problem and protect America 8 times from the terrors. There are lots of action scenes and twist scenes (that you couldn't have imagined at all). I have seen 24 from season 1 to 8 for 6 times. It took me for 2 and a half years.
     How I got shocks from the drama is that I have never seen him like Jack Bauer. He loses everything he has even his wife and many friends. But he didn't quit his job. He continues to work for the country and refuse to be a betrayer. His body was not normal at all. He was caught by chinese and worked in a hard factory for 2 years. Also, he was tortured by the terrorists really lots of times. Not just his body, his mind was completely ruined by the terrorists who killed Jack's families and friends. But he works for the country. I was really surprised and got shocks from his loyalty to the country. I thought about the government's act toward Jack and I was really sad. I decided to not to betray people who saved me and helped me before.
     Also, I was really struck by the cinematic quality. The author made really good foreshadows and twists. There are some situations that I coud not have thought about in the drama. I like reversals. And the action scenes are so realistic. Kiefer Sutherland took the roll of Jack Bauer in the drama. Even though he was born in 1966 and very old for action movies, he acts really good and fights really well. Moreover, the author had made good foreshadows. So the reason why I watch 24 over and over is because I know the story so I could find the foreshadows which the author had made. I really enjoyed finding foreshaodows. And not only the terrorist's story is in the drama, but also happening in a real world is in the drama, too. Such as love between field agents who works for CTU or how to educate their children. So I couldn't have felt any distances between the drama and me.
     The drama 24 is really amazing drama. I want to watch it more and more. It ended with the season 8 at 2010, but it was so popular, so 24 will be made in a movie in 2013. I am really looking forward to see the movie. I got good influences from the drama even though it was action and thriller. I decided not to betray people who helped me. And I will give people my word for only things that I can keep.

8 comments:

  1. how did you get to come across this drama24?
    Do tou think this drama can be touching to regardless of sex?
    I envy you for your grammer and writting skill is so excel!!~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to watch "24". !!
    For encouraged by your recommend. I think Jack Bauer is really good guy. only work is in his mind.
    I like "24"'s manner of developing the story. It is the innovation.
    It is the first, there was no drama like "24"
    But i think prison break is more exciting than this. How about you?? have you watched Prsion Break? go home and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. What made you watch this drama? How did you watch it? Did you downlode it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. William! I think the drama '24' will be really fun. It is impressing that you learned life lesson in the drama. :)
    What season did you enjoy the most?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like action and thriller. It throw up the stress. I never watched American Drama. I want to try, but it is too long. Jack is so amazing. I can't do like him. How did you start to see that drama?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your essay is neat :) I wasn't boring and it was easy to understand while I'm reading. This is really unnecessary to say, but just to suit the comment form we are given, you should check up the speling "foreshaodows". lol.
    By the way, I guess it might be both intersting and funny, if the movie "24" really made for 24 hours running time,with giving the break for the audience.lol.
    However, I want to hear your idea why the protagonist keeps serving for the country even though he have lost his whole loving family because of his job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In his essay, he is talking about his favorite drama named "24". He was shocked by it and he changed some of his persepective of values after watching this drama.
    The title of this drama, "24" was originated by its unique style of drawing an event; Every single event occurs within a full day, which is 24 hours. And for a single season, there are 24 episodes and each episode shows what had happened in a hour. That's where the title "24" came from.
    The main character of this drama is Jack Bauer who works for CTU, a group which tries to find out when and where a terror will be happened and protects the nation from it.
    Though there were some accusation of the government because he had been tortured some terrorists without permission, he overcomes it and saves the nation from terrors 8 times. (Maybe one time per a season, I think)
    He says that he had watched it from beginning to end for six times, which took him two and a half years. He says that he was shocked by Jack Bauer's loyalty to his country, which didn't cool off even when his family and friends was killed, and was struck by the cinematic quality of it. After he watch this drama, he learned and decided to not betray people who helped him and not promise when he can't keep it.

    I was really wondered that many students in our school had already enjoyed many American dramas. And I was tempted to watch some of it. (Haha)
    He said that he won't betray people who helped him. But I think it's one of the form of 'give and take', which Bible teaches us to avoid. Haven't you think about it?

    p.s. I'm really sorry. I was almost forgetting about that I need to write comments and summary. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. William, I am impressed by your great structure and vocabulary. I have two questions. You said that your views of values changed. Can you explain? How did your values change? Also, I am wondering the same question as Matthew. Do you think it is good that he chose his job over his family? Even though he saved many lives?

    ReplyDelete