Saturday, September 22, 2012

Brian Kim-Essay 2

This essay is about my favorite book. I like reading books. I like Korean books and also I like foreign books. About ten books are my favorite books. I read them at least more than 3 times. But I want to introduce about just one book named '엄마를 부탁해'(Please look after mom). It's a novel written by Kyung-Sook Shin. For who didn't read this book yet, I will summarize. 
 One day, mother of four grown up children disappear when she was going to her son's home. So her family -husband, sons, and daughters- trying to find her. They find their mom desperately. But she didn't come out easily. And the story goes on. 
 I saw this book when I was in 15 years old. But then, I didn't interested this book. I thought the book is boring. But a year later, I opened the book again because my sister bought same book translated into English version. Of course I didn't read the English version. I read the original. When I read the first page, I totally fell into the book. It was a very moving book. I almost burst into tears.
 After I read the book, I felt sorry and thanks for devotion of every mothers in world, include my mother. They love their children with their whole heart, and they care for us when we were in their womb. The book is saying earnestly about mother's love and our unconcern. I agree with that. Because there is no human's love that can over motherly love.
 Through this book, I was interested in author, Kyung-Sook Shin. So I found her books in library. I read one of them named '깊은 슬픔'(Deep sorrow)'. Then, she became one of my favorite author. I like her style and story line. She is a great writer in Korea. I'm proud of that.
 I recommend you to read her book. You won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

  1. wow your essay is great.I really wanted to read that book but I didn't have time. I will read it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book you recommended! The book of 박노해. It was really good. And I read 엄마를 부탁해, too. After I read the book I made up my mind to be nice to both of my parents and grand parents. I felt sorry for them. How many books do you read in a week? What genre do you like the most?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What part in the story made you cry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian! I think the book '엄마를 부탁해' must be really touching, and I chould read it! I agree that there is no human's love that can over motherly love. I think 'trying' in the 7th sentence is 'try'. Thanks for sharing such a good book! :-)
    What is the style of Kyung-Sook Shin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He likes many type of books. He has more than 10 favorite books. He want to introduce one of his favorite book is 엄마를 부탁해(Please look after mom).
    One day, four grown up children's mother disappeared during go to her son's house.So her children's family was trying to find her. They found her but she didn't come easily.
    When he first saw a book, he wasn't interested on this book. But after an year,he started to read that book again because his sister bought him same book that is translated in English. But he started to read korean book. He fell into the book
    After reading, he felt sorry and thanks for devotion to all mothers in the world. The book is talking to us about mother's love and our unconcern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read that book yet. But now I want to try to read it. I have a question How did you change after you read a book?

      Delete
  6. TRY TO READ THE ENGLISH VERSION! (kidding lol;;)
    I really agree with you about the love of every mothers in the world and our unconcern about it. And I was challenged to read it.
    And I'm curious if Kyung-sook Shin keep her writing style (using the opposite tense) in all of her books or not.

    ReplyDelete