Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lianne's Essay

   When I was in kindergarten I wanted to be a spongebob's friend traveling under the sea and in elementary school I wanted to be a vet. Years later in middle school I wanted to be a diplomat who draws picture very well. Right now, in my  mind I have a dream of being a industrial designer who's eminent in every way. In order that, I hope to be attending to the postgraduate school in ten years when I am 27 years old. Getting ready for being a designer living everyday busy. 
   I was always thinking art as a hobby. I usually enjoyed drawing just for fun and relieving the stress. However, I found a big passion in art after knowing about Karim Rashid. He's the most famous industrial designer who's ranked in the 'World's Top3 Designers'. Looking at his work he gave me a big shock and made me feel like 'I want to be like him'. Also I thought that the reason I have kept enjoying art is because God had planned my life. If that's what God gave me and planned for me then it's the way I should go without any doubt.
   In ten years, I would be still learning art and following God's grace. I will keep developing things that God gave me. It may feel exhausted of studying over and working all night. However, I will really work hard to help many people with my talents. 
  There's one thing for sure, that now and later I am serving God and I will serve God no matter what happens. I will live with his words and work my best for God.
 

10 comments:

  1. It looks so good having a role model~
    I can see a passion for god in this short essay.
    Especially I agree with your idea that your hobby art will be used by god somehow~I hope you never let any of your talent away just because you are busy~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really touched by your essay. I knew that you like art. I thought that you are worrying about that. I hope just you follow what you want to do.
    Do you know anything about famous thing that Karim Rashid has designed ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that you can be a great designer as much as Karim Rashid. There are lots of parts in industrial design. What part are you interested in? Such as you can design cars, furniture or machines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jiwon I am really impressed by your essay !! :-) I am so happy that your dream is related to art which you really love. I was impressed by your confidence that your dream is what God gave to you. Especially this sentence, 'If that's what God gave me and planned for me then it's the way I should go without any doubt.' touched my heart. How do you want to help people by industrial designing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lianne,

    You have a great writing skill. You use great transitions and eloquent words that draw me in to what you are saying. Thank you for sharing your honesty and hopeful pursuits. I've never seen your artwork, but reading the way you write, I think maybe your art is as beautiful as you're writing. I'd love to see it sometime! Thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I searched about Karim Rashid a little bit after reading your essay. Wow, he's awesome! I think being an industrial desinger would be very fun for those who love to design something. Before reading your essay, I thought that industrial designers are those who design some mechanical things. (haha)
    However, I can find some grammatical errors on your essay. For example, you should capitalize the word 'His' if it indicates God.
    Anyway, I enjoyed your essay and thank you for making me to know more about industrial desinger.

    p.s. If anyone want to see works of Karim Rashid, visit http://www.karimrashid.com/ and click any icons on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to be like industrial designer when I was in middle school.
    Also got inspired by Karim Rashid long ago. Being a designer is spectacular thing and with a lots of fun.
    I enjoyed your essay!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a friend of Sponge Bob was a terrible dream... Those kind of program was nearly ruining your life... However, I'm glad to hear that you have a certain, specific dream you can struggle for and hold on. I want to have a dream like you :) I think your essay would be more better if you describe what will you going to do with your talent :) I was called into the question after surfing the information of Karim Rashid. I found the desk called 'zero' that was designed by Karim Rasihd costs moreover than 900,000,000 won. I think it's possible to buy this stuff even though it's ergonomically well designed. Industrial design should concern about the level of consumers so everyone can enjoy the better life. What will you going to do if your technology and knowledge about the design became so rare and high valued as much as it regarded as an ability that should not be shared to everyone? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Designer! I bet you can do that! What kind of designer do you want to become? I like the first part of your essay it is really cute think haha. Karim Rashid's design is so awesome! I wish you can do better than him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for reply late, Lianne.
    Oh. I saw Karim Rashid in newspaper few months ago. I was impressed a lot, too. Umm. So there are two designers in Saemmul. I like it.
    Please look after our Korea. Make Korea beautiful. lol

    ReplyDelete