Saturday, September 8, 2012

Jaehyoung Kim: Essay 1


"Where/ Who/ What will I be in ten years?"

            Where will I be in ten years? I think I will be in front of a computer just as where I’m now, since that’s the talent that God gave me and I need to develop it. I hope to have a few vision trips to other countries and share my talent with them. I also want to have a trip all over the world and know more about the world that God created.
            After 10 years, I will be 27 years old and I will have a degree in Computer Science by then. And I hope to be working as a computer security manager, a computer expert who makes security policies to provide a safe environment for business. Also, I want to keep doing programming as a hobby.
            Few months ago, when I was in Thailand, my teacher showed me a sermon of Louie Giglio. (He’s one of the speakers of Passion Conferences. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzCP8SEKwc if you want to watch it.) In the video, he preached about how great is our God and how He loves us. After I watched it, I felt that God’s love for us is not estimable and we should always thank Him whenever and wherever we are.
My life’s goal is to change mass media from Satan’s instrument to God’s instrument and use it to evangelize. I hope to have much deeper relationship with God and be able to listen His voice more clearly. Westminster Shorter Catechism starts with a very simple, but at the same time very hard question: What is the chief end of man? My chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever. And whatever, wherever, or whoever I’ll be, I’ll do everything for the glory of God.

12 comments:

  1. Jaehyoung,

    Your essay was very well written and touching. I feel like I know you much better after reading this. My favorite was the last part after you quoted the WSC, "and whatever, wherever, or whoever I"ll be, I'll do everything for the glory of God." I love this because today many Christians want to separate what is "spiritual" work and what is "secular" work but when we read this quote and truly live our whole lives for God's glory and enjoy him, everything we do is spiritual and has spiritual value and we may use all of our talents and enjoyments for Him.
    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaehyoung thank you for sharing your story. It was really good to read. I am sure you can use your talent and glorify God. My favorite part of your essay is when you said that you want to go around the world and share your talents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaehyoung, I am really impressed by your essay. It is amazing that you are interested in computer and media. It's really impressing that you want to change the media. I am sure that you will change because you are really good at media as I saw in English class today, and you are wanting to work for God. I think the essay would have been better if you told us more about what you want to do of computer because I don't know well of it. I really enjoyed it :-) And I want to ask you how you want to make mass media to God's instument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!! the question is from this sentence, 'My life’s goal is to change mass media from Satan’s instrument to God’s instrument and use it to evangelize.'.

      Delete
  4. I like your essay. I think your vision is so awesome. I hope you make me a good anti-virus program for me. I can't find error on your essay it is so perfect. What kind of program do you want to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really bet you that you can be a great computer programmer. I don't understand that which part of media is used by satan. Moreover, I think that you don't need a period in the parenthesis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a nice eassy??How cool to be working as a computer security manager!!
    I hope you will develop your talent that god gaves u.
    God will bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I didn't know that you're Jay. Sorry for late.
    Wow. Your goal is very soulful. It touched me. I hope you can accoplish your goal. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are the needed person for the future. As time goes by, media's influences are growing bigger and bigger. I strongly support your idea about turning the media to God's instrunment from Satan so that he can't never ever touch it. I really like your dream!! How did you find that programming and skills like using computers is the talent that God gave you? and from when were you interested in computers and things like peogramming?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy you because you manipulate Computer very well. In future computer will be more important than now, even computer is very important to us. I think you'll be very need person.
    I hope all your dreams to be come true

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... your dream is really touching. It seems evident that using the mass media as a tool for evangelize is really important. Your essay is very good and i found no negative side of it. I have a question. What is glorifying God? How he will be glorified?

    ReplyDelete
  11. from Cindy- Your essay and video touched me so much! And i agree many parts of your essa too.. It is great that you find your talent from god .. Hope you develop it well and become a greatest computer security manager who work for glory of god! ;D

    ReplyDelete